Kitchen Learning Centre Assistant
Leduc and District Food Bank
The Leduc and District Food Bank is seeking a mature and reliable Kitchen Learning Centre Assistant with strong communication and interpersonal skills to provide direct support the Executive Director.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this is a part-time position with potential to negotiate a flexible schedule to encourage work/life balance and will:
- Develop and implement food programs within the Kitchen Learning Center as required by Program Coordinator
- Support other programs and special projects as required
- Work closely with clients and outside agencies to support the success of the different programs
- Seek and apply for applicable grants and funding to sustain program growth
- Complete administrational responsibilities that directly relates to the position
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and possess the following skills and experience:
- 3 + years experience working in a programming position, preferably within a client centered organization.
- Completion of a diploma or degree program in nutritional science, dietetics, food science or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Intermediate cooking skills with knowledge of different preparation and storage methods an asset
- Experience with training others while adapting to their different learning styles an asset
- Ability to oversee that programs run full cycle from development to completion and know what support is required to ensure its growth and success
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software to prepare written correspondence, statistical reports, promotional and resource materials
- Adapts and able to deal with frequent changes in the work environment (even hourly)
- environment, or as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal and professional boundaries and understand full confidentiality
Please submit resumes with attached cover letters or other related inquiries to email@example.com, by Sept 6, 2017. Only those selected to continue the application process will be contacted. Due to the high volume of calls received daily, we’re asking that you direct all inquiries to the above email rather than contacting the Food Bank directly and we’ll be happy to get back to you. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and good luck with your application.